If you are sitting on the sidelines not knowing whether mobile marketing is for you, think about these facts:
- There are 4.1-billion mobile phones worldwide
- 86% of Americans now own a mobile phone
- 687.7-million are frequent text users
- 97% of text messages are opened!
- 83% of text messages are opened within one hour
- 1.56-trillion text messages were sent in the USA last year, triple 2007
- 52,083 text messages are sent every second
- 90% of marketing emails are not read!
Mobile is no longer the exception. It is the rule. And you have options:
- Text messaging (SMS)
- QR Codes
- Source: www.izigg.com/goglobal
And did you know 20% of kids ages 6-11 have their own cell phone? (Source: mediapost.com)
When you develop your mobile plan keep this in mind:
1. What are your customers doing?
2. Who are your customers?
3. When does mobile make sense?
No matter which technology you choose, make sure your content is relevant, interesting and enhances the brand experienced.