Fortune Mag is out with a great article about Facebook that I highly recommend you read. Some key article quotes:
- If Facebook were a country, it would have a population nearly as large as Brazil’s.
- It edges out the U.S. television audience for Super Bowl XLIII, which drew a record-setting 152 million eyeballs.
- The newest members are more mature types who never thought they’d have the time or inclination to overshare on the web.
- The addictive quality keeps Facebook’s typical user on the site for an average of 169 minutes a month, according to ComScore.
- Compare that with Google News, where the average reader spends 13 minutes a month checking up on the world, or the New York Times website, which holds on to readers for a mere ten minutes a month.