Technorati is out with a major report on the State of the Blogosphere. It’s incredibly revealing and a must-read. Blogs are a global phenomenon that has hit the mainstream. Here are some of the highlights:
- Blogs: 77.7 million unique visitors in the US (comScore MediaMetrix August 2008).
- 94.1 million US blog readers in 2007 (50% of Internet users, eMarketer May 2008).
- 77% of active Internet users read blogs (Universal McCann March 2008.
- Bloggers have been at it an average of three years and are collectively creating close to one million posts every day.
- Four in five bloggers post brand or product reviews, with 37% posting them frequently. 90% of bloggers say they post about the brands, music, movies and books that they love (or hate).